Dear Marieke these are my most cherished memories of my first trip to Sri Lanka with you as tour designer and guide:
– The three diverse and stimulating climate zones we travelled through: the dry plains of the north, the cool mountains of the centre and the monsoonal south.
– The Buddhist art that echoed Bagan’s Plain of Temples in Myanmar, their powerful geometries given highest expression in the caves at Dambulla and joyful celebration in the Temple of the Tooth at Kandy.
– The contemporary design aesthetic and colour palette found in many of the marvellous boutique hotels you found for us, which seem to reference the amazing ouevre of Sri Lanka’s one and only Geoffrey Bawa.
– The generosity and skill of our driver Indika, who made the journey so comfortable and safe.
– The stand out curry banquet served for dinner at the elegant Amangalla – a most memorable culinary sensation.
I do so hope to visit again. Love Jen Anderson